Thursday, February 14, 2013

In the works: serene living room

Lately I've been working with a client designing her living room from scratch.  As an interior designer, often I need to integrate existing furnishings that my clients would like to include in their renovated space, which can sometimes be a challenge. Starting with a clean slate can be just as fun for designers as it is for clients, because together we can create a whole new look, completely transform and update the appearance and feel of room.

Here is a little taste of what I'm working on for this living room:

The color enthusiast that I am, I began by developing my design concept.  I will be presenting 3 color schemes and have selected a number of fabric options to illustrate my concept to my client.

1.  Sage green walls with white trim.  I would use fabrics in blues, greens, and creams.




2.  Taupe walls with cream trim.  This would be a  monochromatic scheme with mostly taupe and sage green fabrics.




3.  Gray walls with white trim. Fabrics would be in various grays and blues, with a raspberry pop.


Which scheme would you chose?  I think I know which one is my favorite....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment