Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Paint Technology



I can't even remember the last time I worked on a project that didn't involve paint selection.  With all my years of experience living and working with color, I consider myself familiar with paint types and finishes, but it wasn't until I met with my local Benjamin Moore Rep a few weeks back that I realized just how much paint technology has improved and how much I had to learn.


When starting a painting project, it is not just about selecting the right color.  Just as important, it is about selecting the right product for the job.  Benjamin Moore has so many wonderful paint products on the market that it is worth having a general understanding of them so that you can specify the right type of paint specific to each project.  Here are some of the best tid bits about their paints I picked up from our meeting:

Natura Paint
No VOCs
Odorless
100% acrylic
Provides a durable, washable film
Self priming

Regal Classic Premium Interior Paint
Rapid drying
Spatter resistant
Seals porous surfaces
Cleans with soap and water

Aura Interior Paint
Mildew resistant
Unfading color
No color rub off
Stains wash off easily
Paint and primer in one
Color Lock Technology- color pigments microscopically bind to paint for richer more vibrant hues
Dries faster
Better for environment

Aura Bath & Spa Waterbourne Interior Paint
Designed and developed for bathrooms and spas
Mildew resistant
Unfading color
No color rub off
Stains wash off easily
Paint and primer in one
Color Lock Technology- color pigments microscopically bind to paint for richer more vibrant hues
Dries faster
Better for environment



No comments:

Post a Comment