Wednesday, July 17, 2013

In the Works: Yellow and Gray Master Retreat

I thought I'd put together a quick compilation of one of my latest design projects that is still developing, a master bedroom retreat for a young, professional couple. I am enjoying the fresh burst of yellow in this project, and the way it pops off of the gray tones that I decided to use in the couple's bedroom. The color scheme is lovely, and young, just like my clients.


Hickory White 565-21



I am so happy with the bed we decided to use. I like the romantic flare of the headboard. It will be upholstered in a similar gray fabric, a textured weave with a metallic thread. 



3611 Chaise





The chaise lounge compliments the angular lines of the headboard while also mimicking its flare. It will be upholstered in a bold yellow, like to the color tone below.






We also know that we will be wallpaper one long wall in the room as an accent, and the other three walls will be painted. We haven't selected a paper or paint color yet, but here is one that I think would work nicely. The geometric pattern and varied hues will give the long wall depth and interest.

Hicks Grand Dove

 I will keep you posted on how it turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment