Thursday, September 5, 2013

Painted Furniture - A Playful Take On Tradition

via Decorpad
I don't know if it's the summer weather or what, but I have been finding myself and my clients drawn to painted furniture. I am working on one project in Lynnfield, where we are thinking of transforming a traditional console into a "wow" piece by painting it a bright color. Color instantly gives the piece life, and is an excellent way to bring in an accent color. You can almost hear it saying "here I am".


Jacqui Console by Bungalow 5
I've been gravitating towards fun colors in a high gloss sheen, for this client, but any color, even white, can look wonderful. You can even take it a step further, and update the hardware on drawer fronts or door faces, to completely breathe new life into a space.

Gormley Table by Dune

How fun is this? The cobalt blue color and geometric stacked base would work beautifully in a screened porch.



Glamorous and bold, you can't help but be in a good mood when you look at the whimsical bedside table above.


One of my favorite sources for painted furniture is, hands down, Maine Cottage. They make the most lovely and cheerful pieces, and bring them to life with punchy colors and patterned fabrics. This is a must visit website for anyone creative. You can try different paint swatches or fabrics on pieces with a click of your mouse.

What are some of your favorite painted pieces?  Have you tried to do this on your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment