Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My favorite...

I've always enjoyed reading about Designer's favorites. It's a great way to hear a fresh perspective and be exposed to new products. So, it's my hopes that I will be able to share some of my favorites with all of you.  Today marks my first favorite show and tell: 

The 3972 Swivel Chair by Lee Industries. I know, the name could be a bit more inspiring, but this chair has more than enough wonderful aspects to put it at the top of my favorite list, and maybe yours too!

Right now, I am looking for the perfect swivel chair for three clients, myself included. This little number with the Cloud Nine cushion delivers on being the most comfortable chair me or any of my clients have ever sat in. I've had my fair share of looking for the perfect swivel chair, and this one perfectly supports your shoulders but is low enough to position in the middle of a room without blocking up the space. Its transitional design easily suits many decor styles, and the dressmaker skirt hides the not so attractive swivel mechanism. The functionality of a swivel is ideal for many spaces, because it can turn to face a TV, fireplace, or conversation grouping.

I've seen this chair done in a traditional rich velvet, but for two clients I've had it covered in a caramel linen, and for another in a gorgeous Ikat in various shades of red. I wonder what I'll get it covered in for my home :)

Sometimes it can be hard to purchase a chair before testing it out, so if you live in the Boston/ Metro North area, you can visit the Grand Rapids showroom in the Boston Design Center, or Wishbasket at the Tannery Mall in Newburyport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment