Friday, March 22, 2013

Curated Inspiration

As an interior designer, I am always looking to find new ways to reinterpret classic style. One way I like to keep my design wheels turning is by flipping through pages of "The Art Museum" by Phaidon Press. It's like visiting the world's greatest art museum, with no lines or admission fee.
The Hall of Mirrors at Versailles. One of my current faves.

"The Art Museum" is organized by color coded "galleries" displaying art of every kind ranging from sculpture to collage.  I love that it is able to tell the history of the world's greatest masterpieces over centuries.  You can see here how the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles can be reinterpreted in a modern space, below.   You can learn more about the book, or make a splurge, here.

phaidon.com


Over the past few years, this book has rested comfortably on a side table in my living room, where I enjoy turning through the pages from time to time. I always keep it open in hopes that its beautiful collections will seep into my design projects.

phaidon.com

Where do you find your inspiration?


No comments:

Post a Comment